Don’t forget to enter my Saratoga Salsa and Spice Company Giveaway!! I’ll be choosing three winners on Wednesday, August 12th!
I don’t even know how I’m still awake right now. I’ve been up since 5:00 this morning and though I’m not getting up quite as early tomorrow, Jeff and I have plans to be at the Farmer’s Market by 10!
Dinner was thrown together last minute but was oh so delicious
What I used:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Penne
- ~1/2 cup Cabernet Marinara
- ~1/2 cup Crushed Tomato with Basil
- 1 Link Turkey Sausage, sliced
- ~1/2 Tbsp Diced Onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Slice Whole Wheat Toast, chopped into breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Blend Seasoning (basil, oregano, etc.)
What I did:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook Pasta according to package directions
- Brown Turkey Sausage in a pan, add garlic, onion, and spices, saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat
- Meanwhile, combine bread and cheese in a mini chopper and mix to a bread crumb like consistency
- Add sauce and sausage to cooked pasta, mix well
- Spray baking pan with non stick spray, add pasta, pour bread crumb mixture on top
- Bake for 18 minutes (c0vered in foil)
Then, eat chocolate & oikos covered cherries for dessert
I melted 1 square of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate in the microwave and poured it over some cherries topped with a spoonful of Plain Oikos Yogurt. I waited until the chocolate got hard and then mixed it all up! Definitely try this – it was amazing!
I’m off to bed now. Can’t wait for the Farmer’s Market tomorrow!
What’s your favorite last minute dinner idea?
Give me some ideas people!
Have a great night!