My closet definitely tried to eat me last night. It looks a little better than it did yesterday, though
Note: Only the lower half of the closet is mine (because I’m short). The upper half is Jeff’s. I’m not cleaning that part. He can get eaten by the closet monster himself if he wants to clean.
There are three main reasons that I’m cleaning my closet and dresser drawers:
- I hate clutter. (My mother will argue this statement up and down because I never wanted to clean my room when I lived at home- but I really do. It makes me anxious.)
- Half of my clothes don’t fit me anymore and there’s no reason for them to be taking up space. (I’m giving away 11 pairs of jeans that are way too big on me now) Also, throwing away clothes that don’t fit me anymore motivates me to keep working out and eating healthy, because if I don’t, I won’t have clothes to wear.
- I feel a lot less stressed when my apartment is clean.
Today is day two of Operation Clean Closet and Dresser Drawers. We’ll see how it goes. I have a deadline to meet, remember?
Jeff and I went grocery shopping yesterday…kind of…
We took a trip to the co-op to buy produce and cheese. Probably my two favorite things in the world. We got everything you see above for $31. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
- 50/50 blend of spinach and spring mix lettuce
- Green beans
- Corn on the cob
- Summer Squash
- Grape Tomatoes
- Green Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese (From Vermont)
- Goat Cheese (from Vermont)
Earlier in the day, I stocked up on bananas, Annie’s mac & cheese, and chobani at Price Chopper. I like buying produce, cheese, and eggs at the co-op because most everything is organic or local, or both. The bulk section of the store is pretty amazing as well. We buy oats, flour, and beans in bulk and it’s a lot less expensive than buying it pre-packaged.
I <3 the co-op.
When we got home, I made a big salad with a sunshine burger & guac on top.
I added goat cheese to the mix.
So good. My salad also contained spinach/spring mix, tomatoes, and green pepper.
Afternoon snacks look liked this:
Yes, I consider beer an afternoon snack. Don’t judge.
Dinner was one of my faves:
Very, very summery.
Mac & Cheese with fresh green beans and corn on the cob. I had almost twice the amount of mac & cheese you see on this plate AND it was doused in hot sauce. That’s how I roll.
Dessert added to my little kid dinner:
A Nature’s Path Organic Strawberry “Pop Tart” with vanilla almond milk. So tasty.
All right, I’m heading to the gym, and then I’m going to dive into my closet. If you don’t hear from me later on today, you’ll know why.
Are you a neat freak?
Have a great Monday! <3