What y’all think of my new header? My awesome friend, Dara, made it for me. I’m so picky and it took four weeks with a lot of minor detail changes, but we (she) finally came up with the beautiful creation above! I love it. If you would like Dara to make you a header, visit her blog, and just ask! She went to school for graphic design, so she’ll make ya a good one!
Thank you all for entering my Amazing Grass Giveaway.
Here are the three lucky winners:
Marathon Val who said: Mmmm I want some Chocolate Amazing Meal!!
Courtney who said: Ooooo, I have been wanting to try Amazing Grass in the worst way!! I would love to try the Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai Infusion & the Berry Superfood Energy Bars! YUM! 😛
Vanessa who said: I’m a lurker turned commenter, great blog! I am training for an extended self-support cycling trip and am always looking for healthy fuel. I would love to try the (chocolate peanut butter) energy bars to eat on the road!
Congratulations ladies. Please shoot me an e-mail at beccarose21[at]aol[dot]com and include your two choices and full name and address.
Here’s why you shouldn’t be upset if you didn’t win:
- Enter ‘healthy123’ at check out on the Amazing Grass website and you’ll receive 15% off your order
- I will be hosting another awesome giveaway next week, so stay tuned! (It’s for another really great product and there will be FIVE winners)
ON TO MY POST!
Photos of oats taken yesterday morning: ten
Don’t make this-it’s disgusting: Blueberry Oats:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (experiment)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Photos taken of me giving you a thumbs-up before my almost-four mile run yesterday: five
More on that in a later post. I had some complications that I’d like advice on. (Yes-that giraffe in the background is kissing my head)
Photos of my Coconut Water taken post-run: one
Photos of Pea Pesto Pasta for lunch: twelve
Pea Pesto (Adapted from Brandi’s recipe)
- A bunch of steamed frozen peas (didn’t measure)
- Half of a tomato, chopped
- TBSP of EVOO
- 1/4 cup water
- Dried basil and parsley
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pasta: I used veggie wagon wheels and whole wheat shells
Topped with goat cheese. Perfect.
Photos taken of my empty fridge:two
Photos taken of my grocery list: three
Photos taken of grocery haul: two
90% of this is from Honest Weight Food Co-op and is organic.
- Vidalia Onion
- Bag o’ Onions
- Green Pepper
- Mini Watermelon
- Baby Carrots
- Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Potatoes
- Morning Star Farms Organic Soy “Sausage” Patties
- Big Tub of Plain Oikos
- Organic Frozen Blackberries
- Southwestern Sunshine Burgers (not pictured)
The damage: Around $40
Photos of my mug o’ cherries taken before devouring it: seven
Photos of the huge bowl of watermelon that I ate in one sitting: three
Just kidding- I only ate 95 percent of it. Am I still kidding? Nobody knows.
Photos taken of dinner: fourteen
- SW Sunshine Burger on a Multi-Grain Arnold Sandwich Thin topped with Lettuce,Tomato, and Hot Sauce.
- Sweet Potato Fries
Passing out in bed at 8:30 p.m. without blogging: Priceless
How many pictures do you take of your food?
Have an awesome Thursday! <3