Once again, I’m completely blown away by your comments, tweets, and e-mails on my last post. You have no idea how much your support means to me. Reading your thoughts and kind words has helped me through this whole ordeal. So, thank you, again, for being there, for caring, and for being you.
I really don’t know where this blog would be without you guys. Of course, I write this blog for me, but I also write if for you. As I mentioned in my Why I Write. Why I Blog post a few days ago, I hope that my blog continues to motivate and inspire you, just as it has for me.
As my blog continues to grow, I realize that it is changing as well. Just last night, Heather and I were discussing how I’ve finally found my blogging voice.
When I started Rosey Rebecca, my goals for my blog were very different from what they are today.
- To lose weight by reporting on what I ate, including calorie counts and portion sizes.
- To find new recipes, and try new healthy products.
- To track my workouts.
- To possibly make new friends.
Of course, I still blog about what I eat. I can’t help it. I think food is beautiful, and I love taking photos of it. But, somewhere along the way my blog transformed from a weight-loss blog to a healthy-living blog. Slowly, I began to incorporate more of my life in my posts. I realized that healthy living is not just about what I eat and when I work out. It’s about how I deal with all of the little challenges life throws at me.
I’ll be the first to admit that my posts used to be pretty boring. If you’ve been reading for a while, I think you can probably point out when my posts shifted from simply telling you what I ate in a day, to including my goofy, ridiculous sense of humor, and sharing what I did that day as well. In fact, Cynthia told me just the other day that when I began to show my true personality in my posts, she didn’t know if it was the real me because I had been posting in a different voice for so long.
I stopped writing with a voice that I thought people wanted to hear, and started writing with my real voice. (Which I encourage EVERYONE to do, by the way). I developed new goals for my blog (which I’ll get to in a second), and became more involved with the healthy-living blogging community. I’ve made more friendships in the blogging community than I’ve ever had in real life. My life has improved all around from blogging. I love knowing that I can go anywhere in the country, or even outside the country, and have blog friends that will be there to support me.
- To continue building relationships in the blogging community
- To continue to motivate and inspire you (and me)
- To realize that my blog will continue to change and grow as I do
- To share every aspect of my life with you in posts that I hope you can relate to
- To be completely honest with you
- To continue taking food photos and talking about what I eat because that’s what I love to do! But to also incorporate other aspects of my life in my posts.
Now, if you’ve been reading for a while, you’ve probably noticed a few changes on Rosey Rebecca over the past week or so. I’d really love your feedback, because like I said, this blog is as much for you as it is for me.
Changes To Rosey Rebecca:
- I will only post when I have something interesting, exciting, informative, thought-provoking to talk about. The once a day schedule seems to be working for me right now, but that may change once my school semester starts.
- My posts, as you’ve probably noticed, will not just be ‘this is what I ate today’ posts anymore.I will continue to write those posts, because I love them, but some days, I will only include snippets of what I ate, or just a recipe or two. Some posts won’t have anything to do with food at all (though this will probably be rare, since I want to keep this primarily a food blog).
- I will write more. I seem to be getting a good response when I write my heart out. I was afraid to do this in the past because I thought you would all stop reading. Turns out, the opposite is true. Correct me if I’m wrong.
- I will continue to share stories about my life with you, both positive and negative.
- My blog will be more of a healthy-living blog in general, rather than just a healthy-living food blog.
- I will only comment on your blogs when I have something interesting to say. Know that I will still be reading, but I want my comments to be genuine. I will no longer comment just to comment.
- I’ve been playing with Jeff’s camera lately (His is nicer than mine). I’ve been able to tell the difference in photos. Not sure if you’ve been able to. But, in the next month or so, I plan to buy a better camera.
- I will continue to post in my own voice. Most of the time, I am a pretty positive person, which means that the tone in my posts is usually pretty goofy/ridiculous. BUT, even if I am writing about something serious, and not so happy, please know that I am still writing in my own voice. I refuse to be fake. My personality on this blog is a complete mirror of my personality in real life. I promise.
- I will always answer your comments and e-mails if you either ask a question or say something that I have a reaction to. Please know that I read each and every one of your comments/tweets/e-mails even if I don’t always respond.
- This fall, I am featuring an informative healthy-living guest post series. Each month, from September to December, I will feature five guest posts from some of your favorite bloggers. Depending on the feedback I receive on this series, I may or may not continue it into 2011.
I know that there will be other changes, and there are probably some that I’ve neglected to mention. Please understand that I don’t think that there is anything wrong with “this is what I ate” posts. I just have grown out of that posting style, and have found that I enjoy writing about other things as well.
I would really appreciate any feedback you may have on the changes! What do you love, what do you hate? Let me know!
With that said, here’s what I ate yesterday:
OK- so I didn’t eat the Operation Beautiful note that I left in a bathroom after my ultrasound, but I thought it was relevant. I actually wanted to leave this note in the hospital, but I got flustered and forgot.
Jeff and I went for breakfast at Cafe Madison after my appointment.
I love the chandelier. Anybody know what movie that is on the TV? We were trying to figure it out. (Also, same as my Madonna post- ten hugs to first person to tell me where the the title of this post is from)
After my appointment, I was in the mood for some serious comfort food. So, I ordered the Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes.
They came with pure maple syrup. Love it! They were hearty, gooey, and delicious.
All of the breads at Cafe Madison are homemade, so I decided that I needed a side of cinnamon swirl toast.
Oh my yum. That’s all I can say.
Questions Of The Day:
- Favorite comfort food!?
- Be Brutally Honest: What are your likes/dislikes about Rosey Rebecca?
- What are your likes/dislikes of the blog world in general?
Have an awesome day! <3
PS: I made a FB page for my blog. Check out the link on the left sidebar!!