Locals: Don’t forget to enter to win a $25 gift certificate to Virgil’s Coffee House! You have until midnight on Friday to enter!
Happy September Blogfaces!!! Welcome to one of my favorite months of the year! We have a lot to discuss, so let’s get on that, shall we?
Basically, the past couple days have looked like this:
Now, there are a few things about the above situation that I want to talk about:
Yes, I am taking four reading/writing-intensive classes.
Yes, I also have a part-time job, and am a freelance writer for the local paper.
Yes, I will have A LOT of work to do.
Yes, I am going to keep blogging regardless. To ensure that I will keep posting throughout the semester, I have also registered to receive independent study credits for my blog. In the past, I’ve gotten swamped with school work, and haven’t been able to keep up with posting. Now, blogging is part of my school work.
NO, I will not apologize when I miss a day or two of posting. You guys don’t want to hear it, and I don’t want to make excuses. Since, as I said above, I will be receiving credit for my blog, I am obligated (and want to) continue posting on a regular basis. BUT, on some days, when I’m overwhelmed with school work, I simply won’t have the time to blog. That said, there will be no post intros that sound like this: ‘Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days, but blah,complain,blah,complain,blah…’ To be quite honest (which I hope you will appreciate), I’m not sorry! Sometimes life gets crazy, and I am a real person. I hope you know that my blog and blog readers are very important to me, and you understand and continue reading… 🙂
If anything, my blog will be an example of how to maintain a blog while living a totally hectic life. Thoughts?
Before I update you on the craziness of the past two days, I’d like to introduce you to this sandwich:
Quite Possibly the Best. Sandwich. Ever. Not kidding. I love getting lunch at bakeries.
The beaut above is called the Spit & Spat Special and is made with hummus, roasted reds, sprouts, sliced avocado, and cucumbers on the bakery’s high fiber five-seed bread. Oh. My. Yum. Definitely the sandwich of my dreams. If you live anywhere near Saratoga, please, PLEASE check out The Bread Basket. You won’t be disappointed. Promise.
- You may have missed it on Twitter, but I CAN RUN AGAIN!! The doctor prescribed it. He said, “Rebecca, the only thing that you can to to solve all of the problems in your life is to RUN. Run like you’ve never run before.” OK- he didn’t say that. But, the point is, I can run again! If you’re new to the blog, you might not know that I have ankle tendonitis. I haven’t been able to run, or do much of anything since the beginning of July. (I also have bicep tendonitis. So, no body pump either.) On Monday, my doctor watched me run on the treadmill, and concluded that I have a weakness in my right hip, which is causing me to land weird on my right foot when I run. He gave me a bunch of exercises to do to strengthen it, and also gave me some tips for when I start running again (Yippee!!)
- I have an appointment with the breast surgeon on September 8th. After reading a comment on my As You Read This post, I’ve decided to insist on getting a biopsy. I hear that it hurts and leaves a scar, but it’s something I have to do to finally clear my mind of this whole situation. I might even ask to have the fibroadenoma surgically removed, but that’s a decision for another time. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated
Finally, here are the classes I’m taking this fall (my last semester!!!):
- Media Ethics (love the professor!!!)
- Investigative Reporting (Same professor as above!)
- E-zine Workshop: Writing and Packaging Stories for the Web (This class is going to be amazing for my blog!)
- Studies in Non-fiction Prose: Captivity Narratives
- My blog!
Whew! Now that the blog housekeeping is done, please head over to Christie’s blog to read my guest post about how to stay positive while dealing with a running injury!
Also, Jeff and I will celebrate our five year anniversary this month! Get ready for a sappy love post on the 16th!
Have a great Wednesday! <3