As you may or may not have been able to tell by the lack of blog posts, the past few months have been rather stressful for me. I’ve gone through many difficult life changes, and have somehow managed to stay strong through all of them.
I know that to stay healthy and sane, I need to focus on what matters most. With that said, this post is dedicated to the things in life that I am so grateful for.
First and foremost, I’m grateful for quality time and delicious dinners with my family:
This one was prepared by my brothers, Adam and David, last week. The food was great, but moments like the ones I’m about to show you are what made the night:
Being surrounded by my brothers, mother, sister-in-law, Angela, and my wonderful nephew, Nicholas, made me extremely happy, and grateful to have such a loving family.
Secondly, I’m grateful that I got to spend three relaxing days with my good friend, Dana, and her husband, Don, last weekend.
During my stay at her house, I spent time doing the following stress-free things:
Eating veggie pizza
Relaxing in her pool
Exploring new towns
Eating breakfast out:
And chasing around her adorable one-year-old, Noah
It was a great weekend. I wish I could stay with Dana forever!
I’m also grateful that:
- I am living rent-free at my parents’ house, so I am able to save money for the future
- My mom cooks the best comfort food around
- I’m going out to dinner with one of my best friends, Dara, tonight
- August is a new month, and I can take it one day at a time
- I can still write on this blog, and know that many of you are still reading 🙂
- Even though I didn’t fill my glass past the optimist line the night I drank from it, I know I’m not a pessimist
What are you grateful for lately? How do you get through life’s rough patches and still stay strong?