Tomorrow is the first day of September.
Tomorrow also begins a new chapter of my life. A new adventure.
For the past four months, I have worked as a bridal consultant at Macy’s. Today was my last day.
For the past six years, I have been involved in a serious, long-term relationship. That relationship ended on Monday.
I am going through the phases:
grieving. crying. laughing. hugging. hoping. living.
Through it all, I am trying to remember a few very important things:
- I am heartbroken, but I am strong.
- Smiles are contagious, and so is laughter.
- My mother can always make me feel better.
- My family and friends are absolutely amazing.
- Exercise helps A LOT.
- Singing “I will Survive” in the shower is totally normal.
- Keeping busy and distracted is key.
- Time heals.
Tomorrow is the first day of one of my favorite months. My mother keeps telling me that fall represents a fresh start.
I like the sound of that.