A Fresh Start

First and foremost, I need to thank everyone who has reached out over the past couple days. Your phone calls, blog comments, facebook messages, and emails have completely blown me away. I feel very, very lucky to have such an awesome support system. It’s definitely making this transition a bit easier to deal with.

A few of you said that you had guessed something like this was going on since I hadn’t blogged in a while. You know me too well.

Honestly, I’m doing a lot better than I thought I would be. Thanks to all of my amazing girlfriends, and my loving family, I’d say that I’m feeling ok, and even a bit hopeful for the future, 80% of the time. I could be better the other 20%, but that’s to be expected. I know it will all even out with time.

The other day, an old friend of mine told me that I’ve always made the best out of negative situations. For some reason, I felt flattered.

I’m really trying to look at all this as a learning experience. Sure, it hurts like hell right now, but I truly believe things happen for a reason. I know this experience is going to help me grow, and become stronger. I am going to learn new things about myself that I probably never would have learned if this hadn’t happened. I know that with time I’m going to be fine—great, even. I’m not worried, and you shouldn’t be either. 🙂

If the picture I’m about to show you is any indication of how ok I’ve been feeling, you really shouldn’t be worried:

Chugging hot sauce with Danielle

Last night, my friend, Danielle, and I took our friend, Dara, out for her birthday. 

Dara

We went to Harry’s Burritos in Nyack.

Harry's Burritos

I suggested Harry’s for Dara’s birthday because they have good margaritas, and an awesome menu:

IMG_3710

I love the No Extra Charge Healthy Substitution section.

Before we ordered, we took some mandatory birthday pictures:

Dara and me Danielle and me

Then it was time to stuff our faces. I ordered–SURPRISE–tacos, not a burrito. (Call the police!)

Vegetarian Tacos

I asked for whole wheat tortillas, black beans, and brown rice. They were delicious.

After dinner, we stopped for ice cream, but I didn’t take a picture, so you’ll just have to imagine. 🙂 Twas a fantastic night!

Today is Dara’s actual birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARA!! I’ve known Dara since preschool, and have celebrated A LOT of birthdays with her. She’s a great friend!

In other news, I’m off to clean my bathroom (yuck). It’s a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it.

Have a great Friday! <3

You may also like

11 comments

    1. YUm yum yum yum! 🙂 I had a wonderful night. Thank you for birthday and fun and wishes.

      and thank you Jolene too! I don’t know you, but you are so very sweet! 🙂

  1. I only just saw this and the post before – I’m so sorry things are really hard right now. From this post it does sound like you’re dealing with things really well and I’m so glad you have such a great support system. I think that saying you make the best out of negative things is definitely a compliment! And from what I know of you from here, it’s definitely true. Keep going Rebecca, we’re right behind you!

  2. I randomly came across your blog on a food search. We share many food faves: namely oats (ever tried steel-cut? I’m addicted), dark chocolate chips, guac, and bagels. I got so many new ideas from scrolling through your blogs. SO inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    1. Elise,

      Thanks for your comment! I’m flattered that you find my blog inspiring. Surprisingly, I have never tried steel-cut oats, even though I’ve heard such great things about them. I’ll have to try them out soon! Because of your comment, I now have the weirdest craving for an egg and guac bagel sandwich, followed by a handful of dark chocolate chips. Thanks a lot! 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.