I don’t know where these have been all my life.
Seriously-I don’t even know how to begin to describe how good these were.
And the crazy thing? I threw them together in around 15 minutes. No plan. No recipe. No measuring. Just, BAM.
The most delicious tacos I’ve ever made.
I don’t know if I’ll ever be able replicate them. This may have been a once in a lifetime experience. I was just at the right place at the right time, and BAM.
I wish you could eat them through your computer screen.
This is the kind of recipe (if you can even call it that) that I wish I’d known was going to be a hit before I started making it because I would have taken better pictures of the process.
I just came home from a crazy busy day at work and started pulling ingredients out of the pantry. Since I don’t really know how this happened, I’m going to try my best to give you the recipe. It was really simple but required a lot of guesswork and spilling of bean juice (bean juice?) all over the counter. The latter is necessary.
Best Tacos Ever
Serves: Maybe Four? Two tacos a piece
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Can or Carton Unsalted Black Beans, drained mostly (leave a little liquid)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Shakes (or more-you decide) of Frank’s Red Hot
- ~1/2 TSP Cumin
- 1/2 Shake (whatever that means) of Chili Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Tomato, chopped, for topping
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded, for topping
- 1 Avocado, sliced, for topping
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for around three minutes
- Add beans, stir and let heat for around two minutes
- Throw in cumin, chili powder, Franks, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Meanwhile, heat an ungreased skillet over medium heat.
- When hot enough, place one tortilla at a time in skillet and let heat for about one minute on each side side (place in 200 degree oven to keep warm)
- Immediately top heated tortillas with desired amount of shredded cheese to allow to melt
- Top with bean mixture, tomatoes and avocado
Tell me about the best tacos you’ve ever had.
Have a great Tuesday!