That’s how old I am today. It’s kind of crazy when I think about it. I was just 21, wasn’t I?
Anyway, as this post goes up, I am probably at the gym. I spent last night sweating in down dog at my new favorite pilates studio.
Have I mentioned it was only my second class? Doesn’t matter. I am in love. I could pitch a tent and move in- that’s how crazy I am.
After work, I have a fun night planned with a few of my coworkers, and then I’m off to San Diego tomorrow. Yes, I said San Diego. Tomorrow. I can hardly believe it myself.
You see, Jeff has been in California for work since the end of February. He comes home at the beginning of April, but we decided that a trip to San Diego would be a great way for me to spend my birthday. So tomorrow I am flying alone for the first time in my life (26 is as good of an age as any). It’s also only the fourth time I’ve been on a plane. Growing up, family vacations were mostly road trips along the east coast. I’m balancing nerves and excitement right now, and probably won’t be able to sleep tonight. I’m also ridiculously excited about the Vera Bradley bag I splurged on for my trip.
How adorable is that!? Just looking at the picture makes me giddy. Happy birthday to me!
But enough of that, back to 26. I thought it would be fun to list 26 things I’ve done in 26 years. When I told a friend about my list, she suggested I also post 26 things I hope to accomplish in my 26th year. Great idea, right? So without further ado, here are my lists:
In the past 26 years, I have…
- Worked in retail (Bath & Body Works, Sephora, Fleet Feet Sports, Banana Republic, Macy’s) and at a café (Professor Java’s)
- Graduated from college
- Interned and freelanced for a newspaper
- Went from meat-eater to vegetarian
- Lost my father
- Moved from New York to DC
- Maintained a 7+1/2 year relationship
- Tried running, Zumba, yoga, Pilates, weight-lifting, biking
- Stood outside the Today Show
- Found a lump in my breast and had surgery to attempt to remove it
- Been a bridesmaid three times and a maid of honor once
- Become an aunt
- Traveled to the west coast twice (three times or more by 27!)
- Sustained a handful of sports injuries
- Tweeted and pinned more than I ever thought possible
- Started a blog about my life
- Lost 30 lbs
- Learned to cook
- Learned to navigate major cities
- Been hungover
- Never smoked or touched drugs and never plan to
- Had my heart broken several times
- Survived my early twenties
- Seen some of my favorite bands live
- Made friends in random ways: through blogging, on the metro
- Learned to love myself just the way I am
In my 26th year, I hope to:
- Travel more (kind of cheating a bit with this one)
- Be more organized
- Make new friends
- Explore the DC metro area a lot more
- Try CrossFit or run a race (or both!)
- Continue going to pilates and start spinning again
- Eat out less and cook more
- Save money
- Adopt a dog
- Improve this blog
- Stop procrastinating (but, really, who do I think I am?)
- Stay healthy
- Try rock climbing
- Go hiking
- Make applying sunscreen and flossing everyday habits
- Shop locally
- Write more
- Continue waking up early
- Cope better and stress less
- Enjoy the little things
- Try 26 new recipes
- Go kayaking on the Potomac
- Keep in touch with old friends
- Make my relationship with Jeff even better than it already is
- Be happy
- Buy rain boots (because rainy days are not that bad when you have cute boots)
Your turn: Tell me what you want to accomplish by your next birthday!
Have a great day!!