So, Jeff may have convinced me to buy a Christmas Tree Farm. In Vermont. For One Million Dollars. Because who doesn’t need a Christmas Tree Farm, right? RIGHT?
Anyway, Hi! What’s up? How are you guys doing? I have a bit of a cold but I’m dealing with it by stubbornly drinking coffee even though I should probably be drinking tea. Logical, right?
That’s right. I ate that WHOLE CAKE with my bare hands. Kind of like that kid from Matilda.
Oh yeah, and Jeff and I got engaged! SURPRISE!
Jeff proposed on a sunny Sunday in early October. I was seriously convinced we had actually moved to the Pacific Northwest because it literally rained nonstop for our first three weeks in Asheville. I was dying to go apple picking so at the first sign of sun that Sunday, we hopped in the car and headed to Sky Top Orchard, with everyone else in Western North Carolina.
After picking five pounds of apples — Seriously, I don’t know what I was thinking — we decided to take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and ended up at Mount Mitchell.
I didn’t think anything of it when Jeff suggested we stay on top of the mountain until sunset or when he pulled his jacket away when I tried to take it because I was cold (the ring was in his pocket!)
After a while, the peak of the mountain became completely engulfed in a cloud. I was starting at the sky, thinking this would be the perfect time for a proposal when Jeff tapped me on the shoulder. I looked down and he was on one knee with a box in his hand. I don’t remember this but apparently my first response was “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” My second response, of course, was “yes.”
SO my life since then has pretty much looked like this:
Because, as I’ve learned over the past few months, your face just kind of settles into that “I’m going crazy” position when you’re planning a wedding.
In the interest of keeping most aspects of the wedding a surprise for our family and friends, I most likely will not be posting many wedding planning details on the blog.
What I WILL tell you is:
- We’re getting married this fall on a farm with beautiful mountain views and ANIMALS to pet.
- Our guests are traveling from all over to help us celebrate.
- I went dress shopping with my mom and bridesmaids in January and said YES to a dress.
- More importantly, the FOOD is going to be a delicious mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare. Our caterer like the menu I designed so much that she’s using it as a mock-up for other couples. What can I say, I’m obsessed with food!
- We have our CAKE TASTING tomorrow and the bakery we’re going to has Pie Cakes. Yes, PIE CAKES. Entire pies baked into entire cakes. I know, I died a little too.
Oye! I remember posting about our FIVE YEAR dating anniversary back in 2010! We’ll be together 11 years by the time we get married. I can’t wait!!
Well, that’s all for now, blogfaces! You may have noticed that my site looks a little different. That’s because I finally decided that it’s time for a redesign! I’ll be (slowly) working on it for the next couple weeks so stay tuned!
Have a great day!! <3