Hiya! Happy Friday!
So I’ve seen many bloggers do posts like this and I’ve done a few in the past. I always find them so fun to read (and write!), and this week I was inspired by Julie’s Currently post and decided to do one myself!
Let me know in the comments if you like this post and I’ll make it a monthly series!
Currently I am…
- This artistic masterpiece from my Physical Therapist AKA instructions on how to relax my hip and the surrounding muscles. ‘Melt the ice cube’ refers to the breathing exercise she gave me: Picture that your whole body is an ice cube sitting outside on a hot day and with each exhale it melts a little bit until it’s just a warm puddle. Halfway through this exercise she asked me how the ice cube was doing and I had to confess that I was thinking about drinking coffee instead. Fail.
- Eggs, Avocado and Salsa. With lots and lots of hot sauce.
- Smiling Hara Tempeh, a local business here in Asheville. More on that in another post though because they generously sent me some of their tempeh and hempeh to try out and I want to come up with a few recipes first. Also, U.S. residents: stay tuned for a GIVEAWAY.
- Upstairs neighbors who drop beans all over our balcony. Seriously. That happened. I was a little less annoyed and more amused when she knocked on our door and said, “Sorry, I spilled the beans.” She was completely serious and I’m actually five, so I had a good laugh after she left.
- Drivers who don’t use their turn signals. Especially when exiting a highway. Just stop it. It’s inconsiderate and dangerous.
- Sore. My workouts this week were legit. My pool PT on Monday and yoga on Tuesday left my body feeling totally exhausted, so much so that I thought I might be getting sick and spent all day Wednesday in bed. Thankfully I felt much better on Thursday and went to an awesome but BRUTAL spin class followed by PT, where I did single legged bridges and clamshells and more bridges with my legs up on an exercise ball. Sheesh. Gentle yoga is just what I need this morning.
- Happy it’s Friday! Aren’t you?
- Excited! Why? You’ll just have to keep reading to find out.
- Aint Nobody’s Problem by The Lumineers
- Rise To Me by The Decemberists (on repeat)
- Distraction #74 by The Avett Brothers
- Ship To Wreck by Florence + The Machine
- 99 Problems by Hugo
- Summertime by The Head and The Heart
- S.O.B. by Daniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats
Confession: I’m sitting in a coffee shop as I type this and I’m dancing in my seat. No shame.
- This tee from HomeGrown. Jeff’s mom bought it for me as a belated bday gift last weekend and I’ve seriously worn it four times since then (five if you include the photo above). So comfy.
- This shirt from Lucky Brand
- Yoga Pants. Foreverrrrrrr.
- This fashionable one-piece bathing suit from Kohl’s for Aqua PT.
- Boots, because the weather has been ridic.
- These snazzy shoes from Keen. In Everglade.
- My friend Jen to come visit this weekend from DC. Although the last I checked, DC is expecting snow on Saturday. Fingers crossed for no flight delays! It’s April, DC, get it together.
- A Mumford & Sons concert next week in Charlotte. Jeff’s aunt and uncle got us tickets for Christmas and I’m stoked! Love them (both Mumford & Sons and Jeff’s aunt and uncle)!
- A Vegan Potluck Brunch at Stepfanie’s place next weekend. She promised a spring Elderflower Sangria and I was like, um, yes please, sign me up right now.
- My bridesmaids to come down for a girls’ weekend at the end of May. We’re sort of treating it like a private bachelorette party. We’ll have our hair and makeup trials at a salon in downtown Asheville that has promised me a day full of pampering and mimosas. Can’t wait!
- Sidewalk Ballet. What? Yeah I don’t know either. I woke up the other morning to find search results for ‘Sidewalk Ballet’ on my phone. I apparently woke up in the middle of the night to search for it. Very weird.
- Jeff turning into a zombie and trying to turn me into one too. No, before you ask, I don’t watch ‘The Walking Dead.’ In fact, I DESPISE anything zombie related. They freak me out too much. I’m fine with with other horror film subjects: vampires, ghosts, giant spiders and sharks, clowns, etc. But get those zombies away from me, thankyouverymuch.
- We JUST finished watching House of Cards and I’m so sad it’s over. No spoilers, of course, but what a great season!
- Cooked – Michael Pollan’s (AKA my hero) Netflix documentary about the history of cooking, based on his book, Cooked.
- New Girl
- Not a TV show but I’m a little obsessed with Miranda Sings. She’s totally ridiculous and if you need proof, just watch her cover of ‘Hello’ by Adele.
…I just got totally distracted watching Youtube videos. Whoops.
Looking Forward to Watching:
- This Pizza from All Souls Pizza.
- New running shoes. My current ones have seen better days.
- These Garlic Cheddar Brioche Buns by Girl Versus Dough.
- This Roasted Beet, Baby Kale and Brie Quiche by Half Baked Harvest.
- A doughnut from Vortex Doughnuts. I’ve lived in Asheville for six months now and still haven’t been! I think Jen and I will fix that this weekend. Can that count toward my 29th birthday goal of trying 29 new restaurants before I turn 30?
- Warm weather to stick around!
What are you currently loving, hating, dreaming about? Let’s chat!
Have a wonderful Weekend! <3
P.S. Monday’s post might be a little late because Jen will still be visiting! Stay tuned for tons of good eats though!