Sup? Happy Friday!
I have a bunch to talk about today, so let’s get to it shall we!?
Currently I am…
1. Rogue Combat Club. I’ve been spending a little bit of time getting my butt kicked at Rogue Combat Club over the past week and, I have to say, it’s a lot of fun. Last weekend I attended a Jump Rope Mechanics class there and the ticket price included a week trial to the gym. To be completely honest, I’ve never been too interested in kickboxing. I’ve tried some classes in the past and my lack of coordination and anxiety about not knowing what I’m doing led me to leave classes early, never to return. That said, my good friend Jenn works at Rogue and my other good friend Mary Beth teaches yoga there, so I decided to give kickboxing another try. I arrived at the Saturday morning Cardio Kickboxing class feeling pretty nervous, but the coach and people in the class were really welcoming and patient with me. I’ve attended one other kickboxing class so far and I still haven’t gotten over feeling a bit silly about my lack of coordination but I know that, like anything, the more I practice, the better I’ll get. I look forward to seeing how I progress. The jump rope class was awesome, too. Jenn taught the beginners group and even though I wasn’t able to do ANY of the tricks she taught us (not a comment on her teaching skills at all, completely my lack of coordination), it was so much fun. I learned about common mistakes beginner jump ropers make and why it’s a great workout. And, let me tell you, between kickboxing Saturday morning and jump roping right after, I was suppppper sore on Sunday, but in the very best way. We even got to keep our jump ropes, which the instructors cut to the correct length for each of us. I look forward to improving my jump roping skills and will definitely attend another workshop if they do it again.
2. Podcasts. I seriously don’t know why it took me so long to start listening to them. I only have three that I am listening to consistently (see the ‘listening to’ section below to see which ones) but I’d love to add some more. Please tell me in the comments which ones you love!
3. Love on Netflix. This is SUCH A CUTE SHOW. It makes me so happy. I’ve binged about a season and half of it so far, so no spoilers if you watch it. If you don’t watch it, check it out. It’s so fun!
1. The “surprise” birthday cake from Short Street Cakes Jeff ordered for my birthday party on Saturday. Obviously not really a surprise because I’m wayyyyyyyy too picky so let’s just pretend, OK? To be fair, I don’t know exactly what flavor it will be or what it will look like. I just gave him a few parameters to follow. What I do know is that it will be delicious. The cake and pie buffet at our wedding was from Short Street and it was sooo good!
2. My birthday on Wednesday! Yes, I’m an almost-31-year-old woman who still gets ridiculously excited for her birthday. Don’t judge me. I’m even more excited because Jeff took off and we get to spend the whole day together. We’ve both been super busy lately so I’m really excited for some uninterrupted quality time.
3. Our second InstaMeet! I’m writing this post on Thursday afternoon so technically this will have already happened by the time this post goes up, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m excited about it! The first meet-up Holly and I hosted was so much fun and I expect this one to awesome as well!
Oh hey! It’s @rosey_rebecca again! I just got home from a super challenging workout at my gym @strengthratio. . When I joined my gym last August, squatting with just the 35 lb bar felt hard. Last night I back squatted my heaviest yet: 120 lbs for 2 reps. Pretty awesome improvement if you ask me, considering I had hip surgery three years ago (check out my blog to read more about that! http://www.roseyrebecca.com/2016/02/29/why-i-needed-hip-surgery-at-27-years-old/). . What’s your greatest athletic achievement? . #bloghealthy #takeovertuesday
1. Strong. Earlier this week I hit a new back squat PR: 135 lbs. When I first started at Strength Ratio last August, I never ever thought I’d be squatting this heavy. I remember when the 35 lb bar felt like it was too much to handle and now I’m squatting 100 lbs more than that. It just goes to show that getting in better shape is a marathon, not a sprint and I am so excited to celebrate this non-scale victory!
2. Sore. The last two weeks have been my most active in a lonnnnng time and I’ve definitely had some days where walking up and down stairs felt torturous. If you’re curious about my routine this month, check out the post I wrote about my March Workouts. Note that in that post I mentioned some workouts I had planned at Ladies Workout Asheville. Well, we had some scheduling conflicts and I ultimately decided that it wasn’t the gym for me. Trust me, though, I’m doing more than enough.
3. Flattered. I was recently asked to write a guest post for the Healthy Living Blogs website about how to conquer your first Instagram Takeover. I’ve also had quite a few people ask for advice on using Instagram and blogging. To be honest, this is all a bit surprising to me because I feel like I don’t know what the heck I’m doing a lot of the time. I think I’ve just lived on the Internet for a while and have learned some tricks along the way. That said, thank you for the encouragement and I’m happy to help in any way I can.
1. This Spring Vegetable Frittata.
3. Lots of quesadillas.
1. PODCASTS! Specifically Adult Sh1t, Hannahlyze This and Not Too Deep. I really like Adult Sh1t because they talk about a lot of relatable mental health topics. I also love the silly Twitter contests they hold weekly. Last week they had listeners tweet them Stupid History facts and this one cracked me up:
— nxtxlie (@gnatinak) March 9, 2018
2. Feel it Still – Portugal. The Man.
3. You Are Mine – The Avett Brothers (let’s be real, I’m always listening to The Avett Brothers)
4. I Can’t Wait– Star & Micey
5. Novels of Acquaintance – Rising Appalachia
1. Hole Doughnuts. All day. Every day. Also, is it ‘Doughnut’ or ‘Donut’?? I posed this question in a poll on my IG stories, but the results were too close to call. I NEED TO KNOW.
2. This cocktail from The Times at S&W, which is served in a decorative vase. To be honest, I think it’s a little much and definitely hipster AF but I’ve never enjoyed an adult beverage from a vase before. Have you? Plus the drink sounds freaking excellent so, ya know, #YOLO.
3. To visit Chicago. I blame Erin. I’ve never been. Somebody take meeeee!
What’s up with you lately? Have an awesome day! <3
Connect With Me!